Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas

Well baptisms dropped a bit this week but we are hoping to be strong through Christmas. It's a lot harder to find people this time of year here in Mexico but we are doing a ton of work with the Joy to the World DVD. Not many can say no to free stuff. We had a woman contact us in the street on Wednesday and to be completely honest I was thinking that it was just another crazy that likes to talk to people in the streets but when we went to her house the next day it was a different story. She is from the state of Hidalgo and she only has 3 weeks living here with her husband. She went to elementry and jr. high in schools of the church and has been to Utah many times. She has seen all of Temple Square and the whole 9 yards. The only thing is that she has never ever been to church. All this contact throughout all of her life with members and the church and no one ever invited her to church. It made me think about all the people that I know that aren't members that I never ever invited to church even though we live in Utah and the church is everywhere. How many chances have I lost to invite? DONT MAKE THAT MISTAKE. The worst that can happen is that they say no. Invite everyone as many times as you can. I got thinking about what Christ would say to me after this life about the people that I never invited that I spent lots of time with. I have realized how much we fall into the 'Oh I live in Utah, eveyone's a member' way of thinking. So start thinking and inviting!
It's wierd to think that this is already my second and last Christmas in the mission. Time has flown by. It feels like forever ago that I was in Calif giving Santa his Book of Mormon.
I love you all and hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Show your true Christmas spirit and your love for our Heavenly Father and our Savior and do MISSIONARY WORK. After all, this is His work and His glory. What better way to show how grateful we are than helping Him do His work?
Love you and thanks for everything,
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment