Thursday, September 2, 2010

Excerpts from a recent email

So I don't have a ton of time so I will get as much as I can in and anything else will be in a letter. Me and my companion are doing great. We get along so well and teach very well together.... in English haha. I haven't seen many people I know here just one or two but I know more are coming in this month.

I am taking a lot of pictures and I will send my card from my camera in the next week or two.

You can deffinantly tell fall is coming. I can feel it getting colder every day when I walk out the door at 7, but at least I don't have to see snow for the next two years hehe. I am learning so much here, I can't even put it all in words. At times I think my head will explode and I just want to come home and talk to everyone, but I know this is where I need to be and I love it. I cant wait to get out to the field... the MTC is getting old.

I forgot to tell you last week that Elder Holland came and spoke to us. It was awesome!!

I love you all so much and think about you all the time. Can't wait to share baptism stories. My scripture this week is D&C 20:22. It is short and sweet. It tells us that even though Christ was perfect he still felt that temptation. He still had to go through what we are going through and if we follow him we can be as he was. I can't wait to bring people closer to Christ and show them the power of using the Atonement. Things are Hard.... very hard but as missionaries espeacially we need to be brought down and humbled so we can have just a tiny little taste of what Christ felt when He atoned for us. This way we have a better understanding of what He did for us and why. I love you all so very much and I hope to hear from you soon.

Elder Kartchner

No comments:

Post a Comment