Monday, December 27, 2010

After Christmas

It was good to hear everyones voices. I wish I could have talked more and talked to everyone. As for my Spanish, it has a very long way to go. It has gotten a lot better, especially in the past week being with my new companion. It has forced me to talk a lot more because we both don't know spanish all that well.
The weather is awesome. It has been really sunny and in the 60's and 70's. I heard it is going to rain later in the week but I am hoping not.
 
We did spend a little time with members on Christmas but not much. Latinos celebrate the 24th not the 25th. they call it "La Noche Buena" (the good night) and they open gifts at midnight and stay up till 4 or later just eating and playing games. Then they sleep all Christmas day. A couple of foods they had as traditions were pan con pollo (chicken with bread). Its pretty much what is says--a chicken sandwich, but it's good. Also all kinds of tamales.
 
Things are going pretty good in the area. A little slow but we have some good things coming and I think we are going to take off with things this transfer. I am tired all the time. You never stop when youre out here. so not much sleep plus constantly going plus all the other things leads to a very tired missionary in every way. I could go for a good after school nap. :)
 
Well, I don't have much new since I talked to you guys on Saturday. I hope everything is still good on your end. Have a good week. I love you all.
 
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment