Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pictures from Monterrey

Well, Jake is really becoming immersed in missionary life and his updates have been short the past couple of weeks, but he did send some more pictures. It looks like he's doing well!

April 25, 2011
Still no investigators but we have a lot of good things going for this week so I am hoping we can finish out this transfer strong. We only have two more weeks left in the transfer. It's still super hot here--not much new about the weather. I don't have a ton to report since I wrote you a few days ago but things are still truckin' along. Here are a few pictures to make up for my slacking.










May 2, 2011
Most of his message was about setting up a phone call for Mother's day, but there were a few updates.

Things have really cooled down here. We are in the 80's right now and overcast. I have been loving it. I have had a pretty bad case of heat rash on my shoulders from my backpack so this cooler weather has helped and goldbond powder is my new best friend. I shower in the morning then bathe myself in powder. It makes the day much better. :) This is my comp's last week in the field then he is done. So I am trying to keep things focused and the area moving along. It's slowly getting harder and harder to do so but I think we will make it through. Well, that's about it. Can't wait to talk to everyone this weekend. Love you guys thanks for everything.

Elder K

The pics are of the mountains bruning all around us. It was so hot that three were burning at the same time all around us. It made the air super bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment