Saturday, April 23, 2011

Too busy to write much...

It's been a good but long week. We have been in a slump, but I think things will pick up soon. It's super super hot here and they say it will get hotter. I don't even want to know how hot its going to get when we are already over 100 easy.


Most of the people that let us in are women. They are more willing to listen. Who knows why. Also it helps when you are tall, white, with colored eyes. Some people you just have to smile real big and ask nicely and they will let you in just for your colored eyes, haha. The ward is pretty good when it comes to priesthood but lots of room to grow. The mettings are run almost identical just in Spanish and every once in a while things are a little different, but its expected when youre in Mexico.

I think I started with the "can't find my way" gene, but it went away. I can use all the public transportation and stuff here pretty easy now. It's just a matter of learning the system.

I did get the package, thank you very very much. Here Easter is very different. It is very Catholic. They celebrate the Holy Week (last week of Christ's life) and they focus a lot on his death, which I'm not a big fan of. To make it even worse, no peeps.

Well, I have almost no time at all. We just got back form the temple and I still have to do laundry and stuff. I love all of you and am grateful for all the support and everything that everyone is doing to help me out. Have a good week. I will tty on Monday.

Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment