Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update from the City

OK, so I am in the same area still. It's called Escobedo. I have a new comp, not Elder Ordoñez. We get along really well. This is his last transfer so he will be going home the first part of May. It's been an interesting week because we are both new in the area, but we are both learning a lot. I am still living with three natives so the Spanish is still getting better every day. I am really loving it in the city. It's really awesome.


Conference was really good. As missionaries we only watch on Sunday and priesthood session. Unless we have investigators there on Saturday, then we can go Saturday as well. They had it in English for priesthood and the afternoon session Sunday so I got to watch some in both languages. It's a lot more fun to watch when you can understand everything, haha. I guess I need to have someone lined up to get married the week I get home according to some of the talks--haha!

It is super freaking hot here. I am pretty sure I will come home looking like a Mexican. It's only April and we are pushing 100. They say it gets up to 110 easy in the months of July and August. Not really looking forward to that.

We eat a lot of salsa and hot sauce and all that. The food is spicy but usually you have your choice. They usually put the spicy peppers and salsa to the side so you can choose to eat it. I didn't think I would ever say this, but I have been converted. Spicy doesn't even bother me anymore. I eat it more than some of the natives.

So not a ton of stories to be told yet. Just working hard to get the area going. We have found some really good families this week and should have some baptisms in a couple weeks. The people that you would least expect to always surprise you and are golden.

Oh, and by the way, I have told the story of why our family is so huge about a million times and some of the members and investigators freak out and go to facebook to verify that I am not a liar so if you get invites that's why. It's up to you if you want to accept the invites or not... good Spanish practice, haha.

I love you guys and thanks for all the love and support

Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment