Monday, July 18, 2011

Testimony Builder

For those who may not know, Jake's older brother Brandon passed away unexpectedly last week. A few of us have been able to talk to him over the past few days and his testimony has been a strength to us all. This is the message that he sent to us this morning:
 
I wanted to write this to all of my brothers, sisters, mom and dad to tell you all how much I love you. This has been a very hard week for all of us I am sure. We all love Brandon very much and will miss him. I wish I could be there with all of you, but I have a calling to fulfill and live up to. I know that the gospel that we live and share with everyone is the only way that we will see Brandon again. We don't have to miss him forever! Every time this week that I started feeling down and didn't want to knock on doors or talk to anyone God put someone in my path that was willing to listen. It seems like every time that this happened the person's need was to hear the plan of salvation. As I taught everyone of these people it was a reminder for me that it's not the end. We have the truth and we can live it. Brandon is just waiting for us. I am sure that in this very moment he is learning as well as teaching of this plan to those who didn't know it in their lives. We have the blessing to know and to share it with others. We are an eternal family and although there are a ton of us, we are united. I love you all and want you to know that I know this chruch and gospel are true. I am here in the service of the Lord and I know that the blessings have come and many more are to come. I love you guys and I will see you all in a year.
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment