Tuesday, July 26, 2011

District Leader

July 18, 2011
Well it's been a week of learning, a week of trials, a week of change, a week of many things. I wish I could be there to help in any way possible but it has been made very clear to me that the best way to help is to stay where I am at. I love you all very much and it would be a lie to say that I have not had desires to come home but I know that the best way to show my love for all of you is the show it for our Heavenly Father first. Matthew 10:37 helped me to put things in there place. Also a good read of D&C 121 helps me to realize that the things that happen in this life pass in no time at all when we are looking at a timeline of eternity.
 
God decided to add a little more to my plate this week. Friday night the zone leaders called me up and said that I would be changed in my assignment. When they told me that, I thought they were moving me closer to the mission president for a couple weeks so he could keep an eye on me or something. I didn't think that I needed that, but then they surprised me when they said that the change is that I am now District Leader. Much more to learn and much more to live up to. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks. I now understand better when it says in Isaiah 55:8 That Gods thoughts are not ours. I have no idea what He is thinking, but I have heard He knows best. :) Although I have had many moments of 'I can't do it' in the past couple days, things are going well. I must be a pretty rough rock and God is just trying to smooth me out a little.
 
I love you all very much. Dont worry about me. I am in the best place possible and things are going good. I will miss Brandon, but the great thing about the Gospel is that I know that I don't have to miss him for long. We will all see him agian, the same old brother, son, friend that he was here. I am sure that he is sharing the gospel now more than ever and he is just waiting for the day that we can join him. Again I love you all and thank you for all the love and support you give me.
 
Elder K

July 25, 2011

Well it has been a good week. I am feeling better and we are working hard and I guess you could say I am starting to get the hang of being a District Leader. Three of the four areas in my district baptized this last week and it's looking like we all might baptize this coming week. I attached the pic of our baptism and a Mormon Ad that I like. Not a ton to report considering I have been able to talk to everyone a little over the phone as of late. I love you all and keep being strong. Everything happens for a reason. Don't let the things that have happened determine how you will act. Let your actions change what will happen. I love you all.

Elder K

 

No comments:

Post a Comment