Monday, October 17, 2011

Working and Learning

Well it was a pretty good week. I was with the priest Monday to Wednesday so it gave us some good time to work but then he went back to his house and it was back to working 2 areas again. I will be glad when this is all over. Only a week left and we have transfers and I won't have to be working in two areas.
 
On Friday we had a conference with elder Johnson (the area president) and he talked to us about only looking for and baptizing chosen people and not waisting time on people that God hasn't prepared yet. A lot of missionaries were surprised by the changes and things that he taught us but I think it will be good for the mission.
 
We had a baptism on Sunday of a 12 year old by named Josmar. His mom and dad aren't married so they can't be baptized but we are working on that and his sister is being a little stubborn but we are hoping to baptize her in this week.
 
It has stayed pretty warm here, the temperature only drops the days that we have rain but other than that it's been sunny and in the 70s so not much to complain about. It's been a good week overall but super busy as usual. I have been kinda slacking off in my Spanish so I am trying to pick it up and not be content with the words and stuff that I know. If anyone has any ideas of what I should do to memorize new words and not be bored with it let me know.
 
I would also like testimonies of things that have happened to everyone that I can translate and share with people. About prayer, fasting, tithing, Book of Mormon anything you can think of. It will help my Spanish to translate them and also I need the helps in teaching people.
 
I love you all and thanks for everything you do for me. Have a great week.
Elder K
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment