Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Last week in Saltillo?

Well we find out about transfers tonight. Word on the street is that I am out of here tomorrow as a Zone Leader, but who really knows. You can't believe anything in the mission till its already happened. If they do change me I will be a little sad. We found some really cool people this last week that we have been teaching. On Thursday in the morning around 11:30 I was a little frustrated because we didn't have anyone progressing really good and we are still working two areas and I just didn't have the desire to keep knocking. So we walked for about two blocks as I thought of how else we could find new people. In my frustration I went to the first house I saw and said, "We are knocking it because here lives a family of Escogidos." ("Chosens"--it's a term we use in the mission. Doesn't sound as cool in English.) I said this more to convince myself to knock than anything. We knocked and the mom of the family came out to greet us. We did the contact and she looked like she was going to let us in but said hang on just a sec. We could hear her talking with her husband. I just thought, 'Oh great, the husband is going to say no and if we are lucky he will do us the favor of leaving the house to chew us out.' But no, Anita (the mom) came out again and opened the front gate to let us in. We sat down and had a super spiritual lesson. When we finished Anita was crying. She said she felt our presence even before she saw us or heard us and that it was something that she felt coming since the day before. As we left the house we felt good but I had doubts because Jesus (the dad) had said some things that made me think that he wasn't going to accept or let his family accept either, but we had left a Book of Mormon. When we came back the next day Anita had ready Moroni 10 like we had asked but Jesus hadn't. He started asking questions about Nephi and Lehi's dream and a whole bunch of stuff so we asked, exactly what did you read? Jesus read all of first Nephi...in less than a day. He became the star of the family. He ended up being the only one of the family that went to church this week because Anita got a little scared but he assured us that she will be coming this Sunday. It was kind of a slap in the face for me because I doubted and God still gave me what I wanted. It made me doubt about doubting again.
 
Things are going good here. It will be crazy to see what changes come this week. I hope you all have an awesome week, and I am still waiting for the testimonies. Thank you Mom for the great stories/testimonies that you sent me. They will be perfect for some lessons. I love you guys and am so greatful for you all.
 
Elder K





No comments:

Post a Comment