Friday, April 27, 2012

Elder Bednar, etc.

Well, it was another crazy week here. We had two people (not related at all) show up to church yesterday that we had only taught one time each and they both accepted baptism this coming Sunday. It's weird how sometimes the people you least expect are the ones that are wanting to take the step or leap of faith and make the changes. Things are looking really good in the zone this week. We are hoping for all kinds of success.

Me and my companion have both been pretty excited to be able to speak English to each other but we have come to realize that it doesn't matter how much we try, sometimes it just comes out as a language that only a gringo in Mexico can understand--haha--it's cool though. It makes for a good laugh at some of the words we invent.

Sounds like the house is going to be just as crazy as usual when I get back, but it wouldn't be home if it weren't like that. I must say though things will be a lot different than I ever would have guessed. I think that that is also part of the Kartchner home, haha.

Things were awesome with Elder Bednar. The East and West missions were there. We all got to shake hands with him but they told us that we could not try and small talk with him or anything so everyone shook his hand and kept on moving. So when he grabbed my hand and didn't let go and then asked me a question I thought I had peed my pants! It wasn't a big deal, he just saw the last name and asked where I was from I said I grew up in Stansbury and his wife piped in and said ¨oh we were just in stansbury the other day, it's so beautiful and Kartchners are good people¨ As I sat down feeling all important everyone started asking me ¨Elder do you know him or something? You guys were holding up the line and everything just to talk¨ haha So apart from my feel-important moment the conference was really awesome. He didn't really give a talk. He asked us to study a couple of his talks beforehand, then for three hours we just talked. There were a bunch of mics so he asked questions and we asked questions and it was sweet. He is different from what we see in conference. It's cool to see a more personal side of an apostle. Also it was awesome because I was sitting on the 4th row back so I could almost feel the spit flying from his mouth as he spoke. It was sweet.

Well, that's about all I have time for today. I love you guys.
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment