Friday, February 11, 2011

Feb 7, 2011 From Mexico (and a funny story!)

So one week down here in Mexico. Its went by pretty fast but slow at the same time. Still trying to get use to it here. It is a lot different than the mission in Cali. We found a guy here my first Sunday and brought him to church and then we baptized him after church the following Sunday. All in a week. Holy cow it was fast. I need to get use to it I guess.

The town that I am in is pretty small. It is called Zaragoza. We actually cover two little towns. They are kinda far apart though. The size of the towns and distance kinda reminds me of a Grantsville-Stansbury type deal. So I am in one of two areas in the mission that hitchhiking is allowed--haha.  It makes for some interesting stories. They are like cowboys here so they kind of talk weird. They use a lot more slang so it makes it even more fun to try and understand. The Spanish is coming along pretty good considering it's all I speak now. It still has a long way to go though. There is still a lot of body language going on.

It has been freezing here. I didn't know that is got this cold here. We have been below freezing a lot of the past week and it's supposed to continue. No me gusta. I am not prepared for the cold at all.
My comp has been out for almost a year. He has been a member his entire life. His name is Elder Pinedo. We get along alright.

One cool story for the week is the story of Elder the Dog. We left our house one morning and as we were walking to the appointment we could hear a little puppy barking like crazy. We didn't think much of it and kept walking. We then realized we forgot the phone so we had to go back to the house. Again the barking dog. It was starting to get a little annoying but we kept walking. We got the phone and headed out again. Guess who was still barking non stop? So I decided to find out why. I searched and searched but no dog. I followed the little yapping barks to a larg trash can. We have no clue how he got in there but there was the little puppy. I picked him up and set him on the ground and walked off. He was sooo happy he would not leave me. I almost stepped on him multiple times as I tried to walk. So he followed me around for about 15 or 20 min. It was cool at first but then it got old having to dodge him every step. So we saw some people outside with their dogs and asked if they would take him. They said yes and asked his name. I told them his name was Elder. We continued to talk to the people and got a return appointment. So in reality Elder the Dog really was a missionary. He helped us contact someone! Ha ha!
I attached pictures of where I stayed in Vegas, the Investigator that I baptized yesterday and a picture to show how cold it has been here.
I love you guys. Thank you for all your support.
Elder K
The people Jake stayed with in Las Vegas while waiting for his visa.

It's COLD in Mexico!!!

First baptism in Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment