Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wow, what a week. It felt like 2 days!

Wow what a week. Felt like it was 2 days. We had another baptism on Thursday. It was a 14 year old girl named Alondra. She took a little longer than a week, haha.


I also attached a picture that shows the difference a good shoe shine makes after a couple weeks in Mexico.


And also a picture of my district and of my surprise that I am actually in Mexico now.



This week was good but flew by. My comp. had a stomache bug Thursday and Friday so we were in and out of the house. It was nice to have some extra study time. It was funny because when people found out he was sick they would all say "But he is Mexican and you are a gringo how come he is sick?" To be honest I really didn't know what to tell people. I am just glad that I wasn't sick. Not really much else to report. Just the same old work. It is warming up though. I also went on exchanges with one of the zone leaders on Wednesday. It was nice to have a real conversation with someone in English for the first time since I arrived here. The Spanish is still coming. I can't wait to be able to just talk. I did have to give a talk in church again this Sunday but this time it had to be 20 min. and no one remembered to tell me this untill we were up blessing the sacrament so I took the talk I gave in California and just threw some stuff in to make it 20 min. It was pretty messy and not the best Spanish but I thought it was ok. After I gave it my comp told me to dumb it down. He said that the people here are so uneducated that they couldn't understand some of the big words I used. I say this not to boast but to give you an idea of how uneducated they are becuase my Spanish sucks. Well that's all for this week. I love you guys.
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment