Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First e-mail after three days in Mexico

Well I have almost no time but it's been a great, crazy and hard weekend. So I have been assigned to a small town further north. They threw me on a bus and said get of in about eight hours when you hear them say "Allende". haha! Needless to say, it was a very long bus ride and I had no clue what was going on half the time. I also have a native companion that only knows a tiny bit of English. His favorite words to use are fetch and crap (haha) but it will make me learn Spanish really fast. It's only been a couple of days and I can feel the difference. Our branch is tiny and we do everything I even had to BS a talk yesterday... it was ok. There are only 3 priesthood holders and like 20 people in total. No one can say my name as usual but it's even better because now my companion can't say it either haha it's awesome in contacts. So we are on bike. They have bikes that just stay in the area for whoever is here. Mine is awesome. It has half a seat, bent rims, and half flat tires the good news is that the breaks work most the time... if youre lucky. reminds me of Guatemala bikes. Well that's all I have time for right now. I love you guys and take care,
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment