Monday, February 21, 2011

A Missionary Apartment in Mexico and the Latest from Elder K

 The Kitchen

The Bathroom

 The Study

Hi Mom, It sounds like you had a good lesson on Sunday. That is my favorite thing to do. I love teaching more than anything else on the mission. It just feels good to be able to explain things to people and see the lightbulb turn on. As for fasting I have seen as well how much it helps and I am greatful for all of your fasting and prayers. There is a missionary rule, though, that we are not to ask people back home to fast. So you will just have to fast when you feel like it--haha!


Things have warmed up a lot here. It has been a little foggy at times but other than that sunny and hot. Short sleeves all week, just the way I like it.
We just bring our bikes inside the apartment. I don't think that you are allowed to live with members here beacuse no one has a house that can support to missionaries. Food is really cheap there just isn't much to pick from. American stuff like peanut butter is really expensive but oh so worth it. A good old PB&J before bed is awsome after a day of meat and tortillas. Speaking of which, I have a favor to ask. I need you to send me some kind of fiber suplement--haha--I don't think I need to say much more. I will just leave it at that Meat and tortillas taste good but after a few weeks of that for every meal the body can't handle it. Also, I'm looking forward to the future because it takes months for a package to get here.

I am too far north for monkeys, and all the big mountains are in Monterrey. Here it is flat and desert. No avocado trees here but I still have had a pretty good amount of them to eat. I haven't really seen a ton of bugs but now that its warming up they are coming. Every night when we come home we raid the kitchen for roaches.

As for the work, it's going ok. To be honest it has been a really hard week or so. Me and my companion don't get along that well. He has been out for a year but is younger than me because in Mexico you can leave at 18. He is really focused on numbers and that's it. There are a lot of things but to sum it up we just don't see eye to eye on how the do the work. Also, Spanish has been really killing me latley. I don't know why. I think it would be pretty safe to say the past week or two have been the hardest so far. There have been some really down days and no one to talk to. At times it feels like I'm not me. I can't talk and communicate and do things the way they should be done. I guess the hardest times are the times we grow the most. Just trying to stay positive and stick it out.

Don't really have any big stories from this last week, kinda just same old. Love you guys. Thanks for everything you do.

Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment