Friday, June 17, 2011

Baptisms and Butt(on)s

Well this transfer has flown by. We have changes on Tuesday. We have had a lot of blessings this transfer. We have three weeks of baptizing and we are going to try and make it four this Sunday. I put the pictures of our two latest baptisms and also of the river that runs through the super poor part of our area. I didn't even know this part was like this until a couple weeks ago. One side of the river is the big city and the other side is house made of cardboard and tin. Not joking at all. It's another world. The other picture is one that another missionary took of me sleeping on the metro. He thought it was funny so I thought I would send it. I think I have developed the button on the butt like dad has--I fall asleep every time I sit down.

Things are super hot here as usual. I am getting pretty used to it though. It doesn't really affect me as much as before. Everyone is worried that the hurricanes are going to start hitting like last year. It will be interesting to see what happens. You will have to let me know if anything is coming our way. I have no idea of any holidays coming up any time soon here. I think the kids here get out of school in a couple weeks. The school systems here are really wierd--the kids hardly go as it is.
 
Everything is going good here we will see what changes come in the next week. I kinda think I will be going to a new area. It's wierd to think that I will be turning 20 soon. I still feel like a little kid. It also feels like time is on hold in the mission. It feels like you are in a different world and the old world you left behind is just paused till you get back, so I don't really feel older or anything.
 
Ben [Jake's good friend who is on a mission in Brazil] is doing really good from what I know. We try to write every week but it doesn't always happen. Last I heard he has a cast on his hand because he busted it playing soccor. But you know Ben, that doesn't stop him from playing again.
 
I love you all and thank you very much for all you do for me.
 
Elder K
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment