Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hot weather, mission updates and beef jerky

Well, we had another baptism yesterday but I don't have my camera at the moment so pictures will come next week. We also have a couple baptisms that will happen in this coming week. We are really starting to have a lot of success here. The heat isn't as bad as before. It's still just as hot but I feel like I am getting use to it. It doesn't really bother me much. All the missionaries have little sweat rags. Mine started out white...now it's more of a grayish-brown. We have a small swamp cooler that pours right into our bedroom but we are only aloud to turn it on at night to save money. So sleeping is good but the rest of the house is super hot. The houses here are made of 100% concrete and cinder blocks so it's like an oven of a house.

I can't really think of any crazy stories to tell you right now. I think that what I am going to do is hand write all the stories from my journal and mail them. That way I have more time and I have the stories already there to remind me.

Thanks for the boost. The mission is not easy in any way but it is worth it. Some days I might not say that, but things always work out and I realize that things arent as bad as they seem. We always need to remember to take a step back and remember the big picture and where we are at in the plan.
 
Well the focus of the mission has changed a lot the last couple months. We still focus on baptism but it's a lost different than before. We have a lot of new mission goals having to do with less actives, members, and refrences. We also don't have number goals for baptisms. The goal is to see how many weeks you can baptize in a row. It's tough but I like all the changes.

As for the beef jerky, it should be fine. [Mom sent beef jerky in Jake's birthday package, then found out that they might not let it into Mexico because it's a beef product.] Other elders have gotten it from their families but then again who knows. All kinds of things go missing in packages. [Mom also sent two new pairs of pants. She thought about including a note that said, "Please do not steal these. They would be too long for you anyway!" Jake is about 6'4" and weighs about 145lbs. so we don't think his clothes would fit many Mexicans!]
 
Thank you so much for sending all that. I am very greatful for all that you and everyone does for me. I love you all and I will be sure to send a big stash of stories soon.

Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment