Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good Times

Well, things are going pretty good here in Mexiville. I can't believe you still haven't gotten the letter of stories. I sent it over two months ago. Well, I have a story or two to put in this email. This week we killed it. We had two baptisms and 7 new people in church. 7 means the people that can get baptized so counting little kids it was like 12. We started out with two families and we were happy, but then when we started sacrament people kept coming in one by one. Every time the door opened the entire ward looked back to see who it was then at us with looks of 'no way'. It was pretty funny and awesome. So we have two weeks in a row baptizing and we are working for a third.
The area I am in is a little bit poorer, but not bad. We eat good. I do get to travel a little more as District Leader. It's cool sometimes. I keep telling myself I get to travel more, I don't have to. I sent pictures of the baptisms we have had and also some of the storms that come almost every afternoon. The picture of me and my comp in the truck has a funny story. We were walking to an appointment when it started sprinkling. We looked toward the mountain and some of the ugliest clouds I have ever seen were coming. We started running to get to the appointment before the rain got to us. We almost made it. The wind came and I swear there was a tornado or something. So much water and wind we could hardly see. We knocked the door and waited meanwhile being drenched with water to the bone. They never came to the door so we went to the side of the house on the corner where the rain could only partly hit us because is was raining sideways. Then a guy ran out of his house and yelled, "Get in the tuck!" There was a small blue truck right in front of us. Without a thought we jumped in to wait out the storm. The man went back in his house. As we waited 20 min. or so we got thinking. What if this isn't his truck? Also the street was like a river and and we were worried it was going to take the truck. In the end all was well we left a thank you note on the back of a Joseph Smith pamphlet and went on our way.
Well it's not the greatest story but its the best I've got this week. I love you guys and have an awesome week.
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment