Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Elder Oaks

So the week was pretty good. We have transfers tomorrow. Still don't know if I am staying or going so who knows. Yes, I got the note from Bro. Gomez...three times, haha! I guess everyone wanted to make sure I got it. I have been close to his family a few times. Right now I'm not really close but my last area in Saltillo was close to some of his family. I might have even meet some of them because the name rings a bell. Also the town where his dad was born is my first area in Mexico. I have also visited Piedras Negras. I will have to keep an eye out the next time I go to one of those areas.

Things went pretty well this week. To put things simply, this is one of the hardest areas that I have had but we are working hard. I am trying to think of what new things I can do this week to pick the zone up a little bit. We had Stake Conference yesterday. It was a broadcast to all of northern Mexico. Elder Dallin H. Oaks spoke and asked three questions and then told us we should always be asking these questions to ourselves to improve. These are my translations from Spanish:
  1. What does the Lord expect of me?
  2. What have I done/am I doing to live up to these expectations?
  3. What can I change to more fully live up to these expectations?
It was a good conference and the questions made me look at what I am doing a little differently.
 
Really not to much more to report this week. I am still trying to figure out why it won't let me send pictures. Hopefully they come soon. I love you all.
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment