Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

We are hoping for two baptisms this Sunday that's coming. We spent New Year's Eve (until 1030) with a family of members with a piñata and all that jazz. I was going to send a bunch of pictures this week but we are having some problems with the memory card. I am hoping that they all didn't get erased.

I had one of the coolest things that has happened to me in the mission happen this last week. I had the chance to interview a Jewish man named Bit-el. He is 100% Jewish with the cloths and everything. He lives 100% of the law of Moses and knows 8 languages and a whole ton of doctrine. I was a little nervous going into the interview. We were talking for almost two hours about how Christ is our Savior to the 12 tribes to the law of consecration--almost anything you can think of. Talk about revelation. There are so many things that I said that I know God gave me the answer. It was nuts and so cool I can't even put it all in words. He accepted to get baptized.

The day after his interview his parents took a flight from Russia just to come chew him out. They took is money, job, house, everything. They disowned him as a son and he is no longer allowed in the Jewish community, but he was baptized yesterday. He knew that this would happen but he go baptized anyway. He said he knew it was right so he had to do it. There are still a lot of things that he has to change because he is so use to the law of Moses but he is willing. It has been a real testimony builder to me.

I am with you 100%, mom. It doesn't matter what others think and do. We stay focused on what God wants us to do and we do it.

I love you all and I hope you all had a Happy New Year.
Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment