Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Baptisms and More

Well we had two more baptisms this week and yes, one of them was the guy from the story [last week]. It was a little harder than I thought it would be to get him to church on Sunday, but we got it done. So that makes it 4 weeks in a row and we are looking good for 2 or 3 baptisms this week. I put the pics [below] from this last week and the week before.
 
Our apartment here is pretty good. It's one of the nicest ones I have seen so far in the mission. We don't have a washer or a dryer so we go to members' houses or the Laundromat. In this area we didn't have an Iron so I went and bought my own because there are a lot of areas that don't have them and others that are really crappy.
 
We don't have bikes here in this area so it's a whole lot of walking and taking crazy buses. Those that know of the Guatemalan chicken buses have an idea of how it is. The only missionaries that drive are the assistants so I don't think I have to worry much about that but, if I have to drive my USA license works just fine.
We have a good number of kids in the primary here but they are all on the younger end. The older classes are much smaller. It's weird seeing Amber getting baptized and thinking about how big everyone is getting. It is just starting to sink in how long I have been out here. A life time but no time at all.
 
Things are going good here in Mexico. Every day is a struggle, adventure, and a blessing.
I love you all and thank you for your support and love.
Elder K
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment